Festival and Institute Dates: June 4-18, 2018
Deadline: January 1
Late Deadline: January 15
Composers Notified by February 1
- Up to 30 composers will receive professional performances by either the American Modern Ensemble (AME), or one of the 3 Guest Ensembles (Imani Winds, Euclid Quartet, or American Brass Quintet).
- Up to 20 composers will have the opportunity to receive an orchestral reading with the American Modern Orchestra (AMO) or a piece (or excerpt or movement from a larger work) that is up to 7 minutes. Composers who take part in the orchestral readings receive un-edited audio recordings (no video) of their readings (editing available for an additional fee). Two composers will be chosen for an orchestral performance of their work with AMO. More information on the readings available here.
- All composers receive rehearsals of their chamber works, a dress rehearsal, and performance.
- Composers receive an archival audio WAV file and a link to a 4 camera-shot video of their chamber work via the MMF YouTube Channel.
- All-access pass to everything at the festival.
- Private lessons/meetings with the Composition Faculty. Meetings/lessons are generally taught in pairs with two composition participants per 55 minute slot. Additional meetings/lessons available at the discretion of the composition faculty.
- Opening and closing night parties, on June 10th and June 17th!
- 10% discount off tuition for members of selected organizations and students from local universities and colleges. Click here for a complete list.
ROOM AND BOARD INCLUDES:
- Room for fourteen nights in either Wiecking Hall or Kimball Hall, single or double occupancy, linens and towels included.
- Three meals a day at Skidmore College Dining Hall. Click here to view pics and a detailed description.
Scholarships, Work Study, and Resident Advisor (RA) positions are available. Those awarded a work study or RA position will be required to attend the festival a day early for orientation. All three options may be selected during the application process.
ROOM AND BOARD: $1,175
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for further information and for answers to questions not covered here.