Festival and Institute Dates: June 4-18, 2018
Deadline: January 1
Late Deadline: January 15
Composers Notified by February 1
- Up to 30 composers will receive professional performances by either the American Modern Ensemble (AME), American Modern Choir (AMC), or one of the 3 Guest Ensembles (Imani Winds, Euclid String Quartet, American Brass Quintet).
- Up to 20 composers will have the opportunity to receive an orchestral reading with the American Modern Orchestra (AMO) or a piece (or excerpt or movement from a larger work) that is up to 7 minutes. Composers who take part in the orchestral readings receive un-edited audio recordings of their readings (editing available for an additional fee). More information on the readings available here.
- Two composers will be chosen for an orchestral performance of their work with AMO.
- All composers receive rehearsals of their works, a dress rehearsal, and performance.
- Composers receive an archival audio WAV file and a link to a 4 camera-shot video of their work via the MMF YouTube Channel.
- All-access pass to everything at the festival.
- Private lessons/meetings with the Composition Faculty. Meetings/lessons are generally taught in pairs with two composition participants per 55 minute slot. Additional meetings/lessons available at the discretion of the composition faculty.
- Opening and closing night parties, on June 10th and June 17th!
- 10% discount off tuition for members of selected organizations and students from local universities and colleges. Click here for a complete list.
ROOM AND BOARD INCLUDES:
- Room for fourteen nights in either Wiecking Hall or Kimball Hall, single or double occupancy, linens and towels included.
- Three meals a day at Skidmore College Dining Hall. Click here to view pics and a detailed description.
Scholarships, Work Study, and Resident Advisor (RA) positions are available. Those awarded a work study or RA position will be required to attend the festival a day early for orientation. All three options may be selected during the application process.
ROOM AND BOARD: $1,175
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for further information and for answers to questions not covered here.